Monday, November 10, 2008

Waiting for Wrath

The time for Wrath is quickly approaching. Like all of us, I spent some time trying to decide what my approach to the new expansion was going to be. In Burning Crusade, I played a hunter that was part of a successful Kara guild. The guild eventually grew to two full Kara teams both of which could clear Kara in two nights. We dipped our toes into ZA, clearing all but the last boss and tried to break through to the 25 man raiding scene.

We never made it. We struggled reaching a solid 25 man roster and never quite got a successful raid going. We never got Mags or Gruul. The transition to 25 man raiding along with the summer before the expansion killed the guild.

So, finding myself basically guildless right before the expansion I thought about what I really wanted out of WoW. I really enjoyed running Kara, except that the 3 nights a week schedule had just taken too much time out of my family life. What I really wanted to do was raid just one night a week.

So how do I find a one night a week raiding guild? The answer I picked was to make one, sort of. I created a new toon on Earthen Ring and applied to Alea Icta Est. The goal being to level to 80 and form a 10 man raiding group in AIE. And that's pretty much where it is now. Tasehires is now 69 and change and we are 2 days from Wrath dropping.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment